My research interests lie on Climate Adaptation Planning, Landscape Pattern Performance, and Water Ecosystem-service.
Wang, JQ., Qiu, M., Cheng, SP., and Pang, L.(2017). Strategies for Physical Forms Based on Water-related Ecosystem Services Overall Capacity—A Case Study of Tian’ao Water Sensitive Rural Area in Shengsi. Landscape Architecture, published in Chinese, 01:82-90.
Chen, Z., Schulz, S., Qiu, M., Yang, W., He, X., Wang, Z., and Yang, L. (2018). Assessing affective experience of in-situ environmental walk via wearable biosensors for evidence-based design. Cognitive Systems Research, 52:970-977.
Wang, M., Qiu, M.(2018). Ecological Teaching System and the Enlightenment of Landscape Architecture Postgraduate Training in Universities in Western Countries. Landscape Architecture, published in Chinese, Sl:40-46.
Wang, M., Qiu, M., Wang, JQ., and Peng, Y.(2019). The Supply-demand Relation Analysis and Improvements Based on IPA of Cultural Ecosystem Services in Waterfront Areas along the Suzhou Creek in Shanghai. Landscape Architecture, published in Chinese, 26(10):107-112.
Wang, L., Zhang, YL., Qiu, M., Wang, M.(2019). Improvement Strategy of Urban Green Space Design for the Diversity of Physical Activity. Chinese Landscape Architecture, published in Chinese, 35(01):56-61.
Toward Climate Change: Supply-demand Assessment and Planning Response of Urban Green Space’s Ecosystem Service for Overland Flow Regulation in Bochum, Germany. International Digital Landscape Architecture Conference, Nanjing, China, October 26-27,2019.
Supply-Demand Analysis of Different Age Groups for Park Services in Life Circle: A Central District in Shanghai as A Case. Association of European Schools of Planning Annual Congress, Venice, Italy, July 9-13, 2019.
Inherit and Develop Traditional Eco-Wisdom of Polder Landscape in Yangtze Watershed Based on Landscape Regeneration. European Council of Landscape Architecture Schools(ECLAS) Conference, Ghent, Belgium, September 9-12, 2018.
Moon Climbing up Willow: Leisure Activities of Moon-admiring and Spatial and Temporal Characteristics of Literati Gardens in the Late Ming Dynasty. Chinese Society of Landscape Architecture(CHSLA) Annual Congress, Shanghai, China, October 18-21, 2019.
Urban Green-space Pattern Optimization for Mitigation of Overland flow
a study aiming to explore how UGS are spatially distributed could help cities strengthen the capacity of overland-flow mitigation.
Strategies For Physical Environment Based On Water Ecosystem Services Overall Performance: A Case Study of Tian’ao Water Sensitive Rural Area In Shengsi
a conceptual model which consists of 18 key environmental factors relating with 4 water ecosystem services was proposed
Assessing Affective Experience of In-situ Environmental Walk Via Wearable Biosensors For Evidence-Based Design
We examined the feasibility of using wearable biosensors to document affective experience during in-situ walk.
TOWARD CLIMATE CHANGE: Supply-Demand Assessment And Planning Response of Urban Green Space Ecosystem Service For Overland Flow Regulation In Bochum, Germany
an assessment framework was proposed to evaluate the demand, supply and budget of the overland-flow regulation service.
Building Strong Ecological Security Patterns through Elevating Green Infrastructure’s Level of Ecosystem Services
National Key R&D Program of China (No.2017YFC0505705)
- Developed 3 easy-to-use methods to analyze the supply-demand relations of multiple ecosystem service, including runoff regulation, cultural ecosystem services, and urban park services.
- Contributed to draft a technical guide for building strong regional ecological security patterns with high-performance ecosystem services of green infrastructure;
Influences of Urban Spatial Features on Respiratory Health and Its Implication for Urban Planning
National Natural Science Foundation of China(No. 51578384)
- Responsible for collecting and processing the data of urban green space and physical activity;
- Independently built a GIS database to manage and visualize all the collected data efficiently;
- Helped extrapolating the crucial features of urban green space contributing to increased diversity of physical activity through regression analysis.
Strategies for Physical Form of Water Network in Rural Areas of the Yangtze River Delta and Eco-services Evaluation Model
National Natural Science Foundation of China (No.51508391)
- Contributed to establish eighteen physical environment indicators of waterscape which associate with the performance of water ecosystem services;
- Proposed water sensitive rural design strategies from the perspectives of restoration, recreation and aesthetic value;
An Evidence-based Model of In-Situ Environmental Perception and Its Application to Visual Resource Analysis, Management and Design
National Natural Science Foundation of China(No.51408429)
- Responsible for in-situ bio-sensing data collection and phenomenological interview;
- Diagnosed three locations that triggered negative environmental perception through integrated analysis of bio-sensing data and interview results.